Friday 22 June 2012

Boghossian leads by a mile

I'm not just surprised, but truly amazed at the level of interest in my slightly frivolous post yesterday about electing a putative replacement 4th Horseman as a mark of respect to Christopher Hitchens.  Thanks for all the comments.

Even more amazing was the consensus of opinion.  I feel myself slightly worried now.  To quote a famous author

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. -- Mark Twain

Even while I was putting together the picture that I featured, I had in mind my own favourite candidate, a relative newcomer to the scene, whose work has been impressing me.  Nothing could have prepared me for the level of agreement in your comments.  I didn't even do much to lead the audience.

You can see from this bar chart what I mean.

Peter Boghossian leads the race - by quite a margin!

Many of my readers might not be familiar with Boghossian's work, but the results suggest that you should expect to see much more of him soon.

Shortly I will post an article about one of his recent interviews, Pretending to know things that you don't know!   Meanwhile here are the links to a couple of his videos. If you are aware of any others, please post links in the comments.

Jesus, the Easter Bunny, and Other Delusions earlier this year.  (35 minutes.)

Faith: Pretending to know things you don't know, May 6th 2012 (37 minutes)



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not surprising. He did this talk that I found on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GDNvN1sHkE

The Malcontent's Gambit people that you wrote about have a nice little summary of his recent work: http://www.malcontentsgambit.com/2012/05/27/how-to-eliminate-faith-a-lesson/

Has he responded to this poll? Can you interview him?

The Good Atheist said...

You should check out my interview with him on The Good Atheist: http://www.thegoodatheist.net/2012/06/05/the-good-atheist-podcast-episode-169/

Anonymous said...

Sam Harris gave love to this podcast he did: http://www.philosophynews.com/post/2011/12/05/Interview-with-Peter-Boghossian.aspx

Will you try and interview him?

Justin Vacula said...

Peter Boghossian on NEPA Freethought Society Podcast
"Practical Strategies to Combat Faith"
http://nepafreethought.org/podcast/episode?p=12

Unknown said...

Don't revoke my atheist card, but I've never heard of this Peter chap. But I'm all for replacing Hitch. Hell let's have a million horsepeople. Awesomeness

Kriss

Righteous Vanquisher said...

Yup, he's hot property. Could have predicted this. Saw him speak in Portland to a house that was so packed it I could barely breathe. Guy is amazing. He has an incredible charisma and is sharp as a tack. Will be interesting to see where he goes.