Thursday 22 September 2011

Here to run fast!

I don't watch much sport on TV, but some members of my family seem more happy to listen to overpowering and strident sports commentators.  Even the sound from another room makes me want to run away from home.

However, one comment that I overheard the other day made me laugh. 
They were waiting for Usain Bolt to run in a 200m race, somehow expecting him to break the world record - which he didn't!  That all seemed to me like media hype.  How can one expect such a thing, whoever happens to be running?

The commentator said something that caught my attention (however much I was trying to ignore her).

"You can see he's here to run fast!"

No!  Really?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He's also there to win (no shit, really).

Kriss

Dobbin said...

Almost worthy of 'Colemanball' status.